Zanzibar Multiplex Company (ZMUX) is a unique Government Multiplexer registered Company, under the company decree (CAP 153). The company is under the Ministry of Information, Tourism and Heritage. The Head Office situated at Rahaleo Zanzibar, Tanzania.
It is a startup company. The project started in October 2012 and completed in March 2013, Launched by the President of Zanzibar, Honorable Dr. Ali Mohammed Shein.
ZMUX consists of multiplexing techniques. That means, distributing modes of the contents in a way to broadcast digital television contents in DVB-T2 technology (Digital Video Broadcasting – Terrestrial). Using Single Frequency Network (SFN).
The radiated DVB-T2 signal can be received and demodulated by fixed receivers (set top boxes), mobile ones (e.g. installed on public transport vehicles) and special portable receivers usually (mobile phones, or smartphones equipped with DVB-T2 receivers).
ZMUX is focused on home market. Capable to offer services at very competitive rates where by the reception covers the whole of Unguja and Pemba effectively and efficiently, on the vision of education, information and entertainment, by means of transmitters of the DVB-T2, technology network, receivers using Set Top Boxes.
In order to achieve our goals to spread transmission and up to rural areas on Zanzibar Islands successfully providing ourselves on the vision, skills, expertise and professionalism to our team, initial development phase is to ensure ZMUX provide high quality of services affordable to each and every customers an reception covers throughout in Zanzibar.
In future development phase is to ensure the radiated DVB-T2 signal can be received and demodulated by mobile phone or smartphone.
ZMUX has six Transmitter locations sites in Zanzibar.
3 sites are at Unguja and 3 sites are at Pemba as follows:-
Both Transmitting sites consist of Two DVB T2-Transmitters.
- Establish and operate multiplexes
- Provide signal feed to transmitting Station,
- Establish and manage subscriber management system.
- To build up a digital free-to-view.
- Television broadcasting network under condition more favorable.
- To provide access to subscription (pay television) on secondary basis.
- To provide services to current and new content services on a fair transparent, impartial and non-discriminatory manner.
- To contract, operate, install, manage and maintain network facilities.
- Managing multiplex reconfiguration and data rate allocation to the services provider.
- To carry on any other business which may see to the company capable of being conveniently carried on in connection with the above calculated directly or indirectly to enhance the value of or render profitable any of the company’s property of rights.
Enable our Customers to achieve excellent and suitable Competitive edge. Flexibility is the key to our offerings and intrinsic to this flexibility, is the spirit of innovation that brings to our services from the very stage of implementation and customer support.
ZMUX has strategies to ensure that these services are affordable to each and every customer. Technological advancement and digital system has forces us to transmit at a high level especial to rural areas despite that number of people in that areas do not get adequately information whether lack of knowledge, awareness or fail to earn a set of television and digital system.
- To develop and position ZMUX as the world class multiplexer in Zanzibar
- Provide high quality of services affordable to each and every customers and reception covers throughout Zanzibar.
- In future development phase is to ensure the radiated DVB-T2 signal can be received and demodulated by mobile phone or smartphone.
Zanzibar Multiplex Company has the management
Head supervisor who overall charge the company roles and rights,
Engineers responsible in define problems finding maintenance analyzing solution on the system,
Accountants analyzing account information summarizes current financial status by collecting information
Information & Technology experts (IT) monitor and maintain computer system and network.
Administrative Officer legally responsible for all official operations.
Costumer Care responsible for dealing with customers, sales of hardware such as STB and Antenna.
Our team member makes use of their keen insight to foresee industry trends and meet demanding customer’s needs. And the working of their collective mind in a highly supportive environment ensures that our services retain a competitive edge at all time.
There are 24 staffs
14 permanent staff
8 renewable contract ( securities in transmitter sites)
The content of the programs for ZMUX is a prime importance and needs to reach all classes of Zanzibar society.
Currently we have a number of channel which can be defined in 8 different general programs content
- Local news
- International news
- Religion and
- Children programs.